Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Month 9: "Entertainment Media Publishing and Distribution"

           In the ninth month, I begin taking the course “Entertainment Media Publishing and Distribution.” The course description includes informing individuals on the issues affecting media publishing and distribution and learning ways to protect one’s business from issues such a piracy and social media. This course goes hand in hand with the previous course because it discusses legal issues in regards to protecting one’s assets. From this course I learned how such published works could become subject to copyright infringement through many sources including social media. One assignment I found to be very enlightening was where I got to choose a legal case in which someone had their published works compromised. I chose to research the case on J. K. Rowling that discussed a time when a fan attempted to steal her ideas for his version of an encyclopedia. Completing this assignment made me aware of how easy it can be to copyright someone’s works, especially if they are not properly protected. I now see how important it is to make sure that all forms of publishing, including novels and submissions through the web, be protected to avoid someone else taking ownership of another individual’s work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment