Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Month 5: "Entertainment Business Finance"

            In the fifth month, I begin taking the course “Entertainment Business Finance,” which prepared me in full for the financial aspect of my business. The course description includes learning financial principals, such as acquiring the correct amount of funds to start a business, making educated financial decisions towards one’s business, and being able to correctly read and complete income statements for a business. The assignments that were offered contained hypothetical companies that needed business and financial advice, in which my duty was to correctly assert the correct path for them to go towards. These activities really helped me to explore not only the option of running my business, but explore the option of managing an artist or group. When it comes to running a business, I learned from this course that there are many components involved with maintaining a stable business. The financial aspect of a business is very crucial in determining the overall success and decline of a business, based on the management of money. Another beneficial component that I learned of was crowd funding, which is one of the most popular ways for a business to raise money today. The assignment associated with crowd funding really demonstrated the importance of acquiring supporters for one’s business. The course led me to contemplate how I will raise money for my own company in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment