Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Month 7: "Product and Artist Management"

             In the seventh month, I begin taking the course “Product and Artist Management.” The course description includes learning how to successfully manage potential artists or products manufactured for one’s business. Although I do not intend to work with the music industry, this course was still beneficial in helping to determine ways in which I will successfully manage my own business with the products we manufacture. Also, seeing as I will be running a production company, I found it effective to acquire skills associated with artist management in regards to future clients looking to work within our corporation. One assignment I felt really helped strengthen my knowledge on artists within the entertainment industry was the live event project. This assignment required me to create a daily agenda for a hypothetical artist performing in concert. Gathering a list detail was somewhat difficult and time consuming because I never had to create someone else’s agenda before. Doing so, I put myself in a production manager’s position and thought of tasks needed for an artist during a show. The assignment also went hand in hand with time management because each task had to be done in a timely manner in order for everything leading up to the show to be successful. The correct term for the agenda I created was an artist rider, which includes specific requirements from an artist in regards to their transportation, meals, wardrobe, dressing room, and all other aThe recording industry is one of many covered by entertainment law. [©Jupiter Images, 2009]

http://topics.info.com/Entertainment-Law_3674
ccommodations. Completing this assignment really helped me in learning how to successfully manage an individual according to their preferences in combination with what is best for the business.

No comments:

Post a Comment