Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Month 10: "Digital Marketing"

          In the tenth month, I begin taking the course “Digital Marketing.” The course descriptions include learning how to develop effective marketing plans with a strong emphasis on the digital aspect. I found this class to be fairly difficult because I was unaware of all the components that are entailed within the digital world. The assignments included creating blogs that were related to digital technology, learning how to evaluate webpages by utilizing Google AdWords and Google Analytics, and creating marketing plans. Before taking this class, I had never heard of AdWords or Google Analytics. I learned that through Google Analytics I could track the level of activity that appeared on my blogs, and through the use of Ad Words I could research keywords to include in my blog that my potential customers would look for. Both tools go hand in hand because they help strengthen websites and blogs with the inclusion of such content, which in return will increase user activity. It is very important to include the correct keywords in one’s site to increase search engine optimization, which is how frequent a sight appears in the search results. The more searches it receives will gradually increase the popularity amongst individuals, based on how often the website and company is researched. Completing these activities demonstrated the importance of not only including the correct amount of content, but including the right content to appeal to the intended audience. I now understand that the more interesting a website appears the more visibility it will receive. 



No comments:

Post a Comment