Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Month 3: "Project and Team Management"

In the third month at Full Sail, I begin taking the course “Project and Team management.” The course description includes learning the details of project management and learning how to effectively build a strong team. This course went hand-in-hand with both the previous courses, seeing as they both illustrated ways to effectively build strong relationships in the work place and manage time effectively. While in the course, I learned how to conduct projects that I may have to undergo in the future. The timeline and budgeting assignment were great at demonstrating what is entailed within running a business effectively. With the timeline assignment, I was able to create a hypothetical list of events for my future business plan. By doing this, I was able to calculate the amount of time needed to be dedicated towards each individual task. I really enjoyed this assignment because it really helped improve my time management skills. The budgeting assignment was also very effective in determining the needs of my future business. The assignment was not only good for aiding in future budgeting for a business, but great for applying the skills learned towards budgeting in everyday life situations. There was also an industry research assignment that we completed, which really helped in gaining insight about the entertainment industry. It was very valuable to learn about all of the benefits associated with working within the entertainment industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment